Nicholas A. Wessling, M.D. is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Wessling has a special interest in total ankle replacement, sports injuries of the foot and ankle and bunion correction.
Dr. Wessling received his medical degree from University of Kansas School of Medicine before completing his residency training in orthopedic surgery at Columbia University’s St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City. His residency included orthopedic training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York and Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Delaware.
Following residency, Dr. Wessling completed a foot and ankle fellowship at Miami Ankle Foot International Associates at Doctors Hospital in Miami, FL, followed by a sports medicine fellowship at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. During his training, Dr. Wessling participated in the care of athletes from the New York Jets, New York Islanders, Miami Dolphins, Manhattanville College and Hunter College.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy of the foot and ankle
- Midfoot injuries in athletes
- Ankle replacement/arthroplasty
- Foot/ankle fusions for arthritic conditions
- Ankle instability
- Ankle arthritis
- Bunion/hallux valgus correction
- ACL and ligament injuries of the knee
- Cartilage repair and joint preservation
- Rotator cuff tears
- Meniscal tears
- Lower extremity fractures